Hi — we’re a small-but-growing team of skilled and passionate full stack devs competing in an exciting and lucrative industry. We’re carving out a tidy niche in the live events space, working with the likes of Universal Music, Warner, Nielsen, and other names-you’ve-heard-of in the entertainment industry, like Bruno Mars and Beyonce and even Weird Al. Our tech stack is progressive and pragmatic, and we love to experiment and try new tech — but always with an eye to delivering the best software that works in demanding situations where the internet barely works and other operating conditions can be terrible and large amounts of money are at stake and time is of the essence. If this challenge sounds exciting, read on!
Who are you?
– You’re hands-on but have also been in charge of running a QA department in a startup environment, even (or especially!) if you’ve been the entire department. – You understand at an innate level what it takes to wrangle a small team of full-stack developers into an effective, high-performance QA flow that ensures we don’t miss *too much* stuff during our frequent releases.
– You are possessed of the ineffable quality of being awesome at considering all the different ways something can break in any given ‘thing’ you choose to study
– You always keep the “customer focus” at the front of mind for any and all aspects of the work that you’re QA’ing
– You know the value and applicability of both manual and automated testing, understand how to use limited startup resources to get the best bang-for-buck with each approach
– You’ve tested large webapps/ios native apps/react(-native) style apps. Curious and knowledgeable of the state of the art of automated testing, for everything from CI’d unit tests to GUI driven integration tests
– You’re experienced with git/git-flow and testing frameworks/tools like rspec+cucumber/cypress
– Bonus points: Experience with Selenium, Capybara, Cucumber, RSpec, Konacha would be ideal, or any other test automation tools that you think are useful
– Bonus points: you’ve worked in the payments/financial industries before
What we need from you
– Ensure that the QA perspective is always well-represented in all aspects of our stories. Work with our product manager to develop and schedule the work such that the customer experience is the best it can be
– Own Quality Assurance and shape it, grow it and put your own stamp on it
– Development and implementation of testing strategies, including implementation of consistent regression, automation tests and test driven plans
– Full end to end testing of our current product lines
– Ultimately, to be responsible for the overall ‘quality’ of the experience that atVenu is providing its users / customers
What do you get from us?
A chill, fun environment while being a serious place to work, in an interesting industry that’s rife with opportunities for good technology. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
To apply, email us at careers@atVenu.com