Not looking for a typical product management gig? Passionate about joining a team that has actually changed the way an industry operates? You may be a fit! We’re looking for someone who’s interested in learning how the live event space operates and getting their hands dirty to help us deliver killer solutions for the likes of Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, or the Vegas Golden Knights, and pretty much any significant live act in between. Your day to day would include everything from learning how live event commerce operates, to helping run a small agile team deliver solutions, usually with ridiculously tight timelines, for customers who immediately use those solutions in the wild. Then head into the field to see those solutions in action. Rinse and repeat! We’re growing at a crazy pace and are looking for someone with as much passion about our industry and product as we have to add to the team! Fun? Exhausting? Exhilarating? Rewarding? All of the above really.
Product Manager Role
Who are we?
atVenu was founded in 2012 and has taken the merchandise industry by storm. Our platform now boasts over 13k artists and we annually help those artists manage more than 100k shows a year. We are the industry standard platform for the live music business with clients such as Warner Music Group, Live Nation, AEG, Universal Music Group, Sony Music Group, and more and are moving into adjacent markets fast! Our products and solutions have helped artists, festivals, and venues sell merch and manage the chaos of live events, and in the end, improve their bottom lines. Whether it’s helping with the day to day inventory of merch, providing a platform to collect payments, helping fans buy their favorite event shirt from their phones, or providing the hardware and setup requirements to allow an event to run smoothly, atVenu is dedicated to ensuring our customers have the tools and services they need to power their experiences before, during, and after their events.
What you'd be on the hook for:
- Love software, love music, and love seeing your work in action and are good with getting your hands dirty!
- Learn, breathe and immerse yourself with the ins and outs of how live event commerce works
- Be the owner of an exciting product suite that will allow you to have a big impact on how merch is sold and managed at live events
- Drive product solutions from concept to deployment, in the spirit of LEAN practises
- Demonstrated the ability to see the impact of industry trends in live events and apply it to your solutions.
- Build relationships with our customers, while providing support, collecting requirements and getting feedback to drive the strategy and roadmap
- Enjoy the day to day experience of providing feedback, working, and discussing needs and expectations with our business and engineering teams
- Assist in the day to day operations of keeping a small software team humming, including creating and managing stories, backlogs and running iteration meetings
- Be a key owner of developing our Product Management processes and be a major influencer in effecting change at atVenu.
- Travel to festivals, venues and shows in general, to see new features in the wild and to support our customers
- Crawl under tables to run power, help count t-shirts at 3am, or cut down boxes, when needed – see getting your hands dirty above!
Here’s some of the experience you ideally have:
- Product management experience (5 years +, preferably in a software shop)
- A history of product successes (and failures) to show. Which projects have you started from scratch? How have you had to pivot? and what was the result?
- A philosophy around what great product management is.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, based off customer requirements and delivery constraints
- Great communication skills, in the context of different stakeholders
- Experience working with lean and agile processes and methodologies
- Multiple methodologies to solving problems such as prioritization, buy vs build, and organizational structures.
- Enough of a technical background, to call BS when required
- Humility, plus strong opinions loosely held
- Ability to travel 10%.
- A University Degree
- Great working space in the heart of Kensington
- Have impact immediately and see your decisions in action
- A chance to see some great live events
- Team events, team lunches, and a chance to work with a stellar and passionate group
- All the usuals, including competitive compensation, benefits, vacation etc
This position is located in Calgary, Ab
To apply, email us at careers@atVenu.com